Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions of service are applicable to all services and computer repair provided by River Net Computers, LLC. Terms and conditions may change at any time, with or without notice. It is the responsibility of any customer, customer, subscriber or prospective customer to read the terms of service before contacting River Net Computers to inquire, purchase or schedule a service engagement. By engaging River Net Computers for services, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions outlined within this document.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
1. Responsibilities of User: User understands and agrees that prior to contacting or engaging in service with River Net Computers to perform any evaluation, diagnostics, repair, upgrade or any other service upon your computer that it is the responsibility of the customer to back-up data, software, files or other electronic information stored within a computer hard-drive or other memory device or drive. You as the customer also acknowledge and agree that River Net Computers shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss of data, software, and corruption of data or damage to hardware or components.
a. You as the customer represent that you are 18 years of age or older and that you have the legal capacity and authority to bind yourself and your employer, as applicable, to this Agreement.
b. You as the customer agree that you are responsible for all activity and use of your account. You agree and understand that you accept full responsibility and liability for the actions of anyone who uses a service from River Net Computers via your account.
c. You as the customer agree that you will make a full payment by the due date or late fees will accrue.
d. You, as the customer, acknowledge that you understand that you have 24 hours to notify River Net Computers of any issues related to the services provided, including any traces of viruses that still remain on the computer. Complete Optimizations and Virus Removals will be billed as an additional service following the 24 hour period after the initial visit. If you receive a virus 24 hours after picking up your computer, you will not receive a Virus Removal or Complete Optimization for free.
e. You, as the customer, acknowledge that River Net Computers will not be held responsible in any circumstance for any of the customer’s property including; desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile devices, electronics, networking equipment, software, hardware, parts, or absolutely anything else.
f. You, as the customer, acknowledge that you have no more than 30 days to remove your property from River Net Computers upon receiving notification of diagnostic completion, or no more than 30 days from the date of full final payment of completed services. After 30 days of receiving notification to pick up your property, you, as the customer, grant full permission to River Net Computers to recycled or removed the abandoned items at their discretion.
2. Services: River Net Computers provides computer support services remotely, on-site, in store and via telephone. River Net Computers will attempt to diagnose and provide or suggest a solution at no cost for software related issues only. Diagnostics for issues related to any hardware items or any components or devices that require any labor to physically dissemble or reassemble will be billed by the hour at the hourly rate, even if River Net Computers is unable to repair or diagnose the original problem. In some situations and extreme instances, the scope of the diagnosis may yield an unexpected amount of labor and may result in a technical assistance charge. In some situations, a solution, diagnosis or support may not be completed due to an issue with customers’ computer, its configuration or other issue that is beyond the control of River Net Computers. River Net Computers will make every reasonable attempt to perform services to diagnose, troubleshoot, assess and correct computer or network issues. Regardless of the outcome, you the customer is still responsible for any charges that have accrued for the time and effort spent in an attempt to provide services.
3. Unused Service Hours, Incidents or Services: Any unused services will not carry forward. Service hours and incidents are at the sole discretion of River Net Computers.
4. Service Areas: River Net Computers reserves the right to establish, change, add or eliminate service areas with or without notice. River Net Computers has the authority to establish and charge additional fees for areas outside of our normal service areas. Users should contact (908) 996-3279 for exact service areas, service fees and trip charges.
5. Service Volume and Re-Selling of Services: You the customer may not re-sell our service, utilize the River Net Computers service for high volume services or in any way engage in activity that places our service at a higher rate than it was intended. Service volume abuse is based on the sole discretion of River Net Computers.
6. Service Limitations: River Net Computers reserves the right to charge additional fees for certain services that a client may require or request above and beyond any service plan. River Net Computers will at its sole discretion determine these additional services and fees.
7. Service Availability: Services selected by a customer may not be available at all times. River Net Computers or its subsidiaries, suppliers or partners at any time without notice or liability may restrict the availability of service or its times of availability to perform scheduled or unscheduled maintenance. For remote services, specific Internet connection requirements are necessary. It is the responsibility of you the customer to maintain Internet connectivity to allow for adequate service levels. River Net Computers will at its sole discretion determine adequate service levels. You the customer acknowledges that circumstances outside the control of River Net may arise and lead to service delays. You the customer hereby release River Net Computers from any and all liability and agree that River Net Computers is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages resulting from any service delays.
8. Safe Access to Equipment: User agrees that they will provide full access to computer systems, systems, peripherals or software that we are to service and that power, network connectivity and a safe climate controlled work environment is provided along with full cooperation and access to enter your home or business to perform services. If a River Net Computers representative arrives at a schedule service time and he or she does not reasonably have access, cooperation, or safe working areas, then service may be denied.
9. Software / Hardware Licensing & Warranties: You the customer agree that you will be responsible for all software licensing installed on your computer. River Net Computers provides technical support and consulting for third party software and/or equipment. We make no warranty that we are an authorized service provider for Third Party Software or for any equipment; it is your sole responsibility to determine if you require additional rights for us to provide such support, and if so, to acquire such rights. You acknowledge that support of Third Party Software or equipment by an unauthorized service provider may void any warranty made by the supplier of such Third Party Software or equipment. Third Party Software: As part of our services, River Net Computers may recommend the acquisition of third party software. You the customer agrees that you will abide by all terms and conditions outlined within a license agreement whether this software is installed, recommended or sold to you by River Net Computers or not. River Net Computers makes no warranty or representation regarding third party software or hardware.
10. Termination of Service by River Net Computers: User understands and agrees that at its sole discretion, River Net Computers may terminate or suspend any agreement for services immediately and without notice. River Net Computers may at its sole discretion refuse to honor requests for service, renewals or subscriptions following a termination of services or for any other reason.
11. Payment of Fees: You the customer agree to pay all applicable charges and fees related to your applicable service or service plan as well as any taxes or other charges due including no-show fees, on-site visit fees, set-up fees or termination fees. Monthly recurring fees for subscription plans will be billed in advance if applicable.
a. Service to you may be denied or discontinued without notice at any time in the placement of Service charges on your credit card, or your credit card provider denies or discontinues providing credit to you for any reason, or you fail to make payment when due or provide us with a new credit card expiration date before the existing one expires.
b. Late fees may apply if your bill is not paid, in its entirety, within 7 days of pick up or completed service. River Net Computers may charge a late fee of 5% or the highest rate permitted by law for late payments. Users are responsible for paying collection agency fees utilized to collect past monies due including attorney fees.
c. A 100% deposit is due on all hardware and software purchases. Any hardware or software items that arrive damaged, will be returned for a refund or replacement within 15 days of purchase. Customer agrees to pay any shipping fee that may apply towards receiving the replacement part.
d. Users must contact River Net Computers a minimum of three (3) hours prior to an appointment to cancel or reschedule an appointment, otherwise, at River Net Computers’ sole discretion, a on site visit fee may apply.
12. WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE SUPPLIED HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN ANY MANUFACTURER WARRANTY FOR ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE PROVIDED BY RIVER NET COMPUTERS(BUT ONLY IF SUCH WARRANTY IS INCLUDED WITH SUCH EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE), RIVER NET COMPUTERS (AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES), ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING GLOBAL SERVICE PROVIDERS (GSPS), DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES FOR THE SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INTEGRATION, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF TRADE, OR ARISING UNDER STATUTE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY RIVER NET COMPUTERS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. USE OF RIVER NET COMPUTERS’ COMPUTER SUPPORT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS NOT WARRANTED.
RIVER NET COMPUTERS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY RIVER NET COMPUTERS WILL PERFORM AT A PARTICULAR SPEED, BANDWIDTH OR DATA THROUGHPUT RATE, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR THE LIKE. RIVER NET COMPUTERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF YOUR DATA, OR IF CHANGES IN OPERATION, PROCEDURES, OR SERVICES REQUIRE MODIFICATION OR ALTERATION OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, RENDER THE SAME OBSOLETE OR OTHERWISE AFFECT ITS PERFORMANCE. RIVER NET COMPUTERS MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY TRANSACTIONS EXECUTED USING THE SERVICE OR THE INTERNET. RIVER NET COMPUTERS MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION ACCESSED BY USING THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS DISPLAYED. YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. DO NOT USE THE SERVICE IN ANY HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES WHERE DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSON, PROPERTY, ENVIRONMENT, OR BUSINESS MAY RESULT IF AN ERROR OCCURS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RIVER NET COMPUTERS (OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES), PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING GSPS, BE LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE, PARTIAL USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF RIVER NET COMPUTERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIM OR DAMAGES, OR (B) ANY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACK UP ALL SOFTWARE AND DATA THAT IS STORED ON YOUR COMPUTER’S HARD DISK DRIVE(S) AND/OR ON ANY OTHER STORAGE DEVICES YOU MAY HAVE PRIOR TO SERVICE PERFORMED ON YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS COMPUTER. RIVER NET COMPUTERS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY LOSS, ALTERATION OR CORRUPTION OF ANY SOFTWARE, DATA OR FILES.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless River Net Computers from and against all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to or arising from: (a) any violation of applicable laws, regulations or this Agreement by you (or any parties who use your account, with or without your permission, to access the Service); (b) the use of the Service or the Internet or the placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials on the Internet by you (or any parties who use your account, with or without your permission, to access the Service); (c) negligent acts, errors, or omissions by you (or any parties who use your account, with or without your permission, to access the Service); (d) injuries to or death of any person and for damages to or loss of any property, which may in any way arise out of or result from or in connection with this Agreement, except to the extent that such liabilities arise from the active negligence or willful misconduct of the other party; or (e) claims for infringement of any intellectual property rights arising from the use of the Service, Software, or the Internet.
Notices required under this Agreement by you shall be provided to the River Net Computers Customer Service Department. Notices by River Net Computers to you shall be deemed given: (a) when sent to your registered email address, or (b) when deposited in the United States mail addressed to you at last-known address or (c) when hand delivered to your location, as applicable. Notice of changes to this Agreement and these Terms of Service will be deemed given upon posting to the pages on the Website.
With regard to electronic communications, you and River Net Computers further agree that: (a) the User ID and/or alias of a sender, contained in an electronic communication (“email”), is legally sufficient to verify the sender’s identity and the authenticity of the communication; (b) an email sent containing your User ID and/or alias establishes you as its originator and has the same effect as a document with your written signature on it; and (c) an email or any computer printout of it, is a valid proof of the validity of the original content of the electronic communication.
15. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All obligations of the parties under this Agreement, which, by their nature, would continue beyond the termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement, including by way of illustration and not limitation, those clauses relating to Software Licenses, Warranties and Limitation of Liability, and Indemnification, shall survive such termination, cancellation or expiration.
River Net Computers will not be liable for delays, damages or failures in performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of a governmental body, acts of God, acts of third parties, fires, floods, strikes or other labor-related disputes, of other things we do not control, or an inability to obtain necessary equipment or services.
Date of last revision: 5/25/2018